Refrigerator mismounted ?, or improper operation ?:
Shortly after purchasing the second hand kabe, could we determine, that our refrigerator did not cool as it should, and it was mounted askew in the built-in cabinet.
We started to dismantle the grill outside, so we could see if Kabe had performed the installation of the refrigerator properly cf.. Dometic instructions.
We measured the distance from the refrigerator chimney to the back of the outer wall which was about. 30-35 mm, already here could we determine Kabe had not installed the refrigerator correctly, Refrigerator manufacturer Domitic inform caravan manufacturer who install their refrigerator should keep a distance of max 15-20 mm between the refrigerator chimney, and back of the exterior wall. Refrigerator chimney is the round vertical tube on the right side of picture.
We got a cool chat with George who are super good for camping fridges, and discussed ways.
We removed the old duct tape, at se om der var f.eks 1-1,5 cm which was enough we may. could push the refrigerator 1-1,5 cm closer towards the back of the outer wall.
It was found that they were about. 1,5 cm, and we removed the 4 screws, and pushed the refrigerator as much we could, and mounted screws. The distance was then 2,2 cm 2 mm mere end max 🙂 . We were also mounted refrigerator right in the built-in cabinet.
After we had moved the refrigerator out from the back of the outer wall and secured the refrigerator again with the 4 screws, we sealed around at the outside fridge grille with duct tape.
Why move the refrigerator out towards the back of the outer wall following each approximately. 15-20 mm, is because if the distance is more than about. 20 mm, may chimney effect will not happen optimally – Is there no chimney effect, is not cooling enough behind the fridge, and your refrigerator gets heat stroke with the high temperature inside the refrigerator.
We measured the temperature to 1,2 degrees inside the refrigerator, measured at the bottom of the refrigerator where the cold most – The refrigerator was on stage 4 out of 5. We tried to set up the thermometer on the middle shelf in the middle of the refrigerator, and hvade turned up at max step 5 – Now we measured -0,1 :-), so there is certainly more cold on the bottom shelf 🙂 .
The refrigerator was put on stage 3, and now the sun was partially directly on the refrigerator grate. we tried, measuring the temperature of the refrigerator where we had a cup with water, and the sensor we came down in the water – We measured about. 3,5 grader. In conclusion our refrigerator now functioning properly.
How do you measure the temperature correctly:
You measure the temperature correctly by placing a glass of water in the center of the refrigerator, then put your measuring probe into the water, and measuring the water temperature. This advice we were given by Dometic 🙂 .
The following were checked:
• The refrigerator door closes properly, Try to push the door into the bottom
• That there is a proper blue flame gas operation, and there was cleaning around the area by the gas flame
• The refrigerator also cools properly on electric operation
How to achieve maximum cooling capacity of your refrigerator absorende ?:
Try first section. 1, og point 2 point 3, then other points if section. 1-3 it does not help.
1) Your refrigerator should be leveled else can you reduce the cooling effect – We have contacted Dometic, and the state is not exactly can tell how much cooling effect is reduced, but it is “significantly”. It is therefore important to set up your caravan leveled (Both longitudinally and sidevejs) – Remember wedges, driving one wheel being if necessary.
2) Start your refrigerator slowly – You should always start your refrigerator on stage 2 or 3 of e.g. 5, when it has been going for some hours eg 4 hours you can turn up on the step you want (often steps 3 or 4 enough, and your refrigerator is not working overtime).
For example, start your refrigerator on stage 4 or 5, it will initially be very hot behind the fridge, and the refrigerator it difficult to slow down again (it goes a little in self swing), whereas if you start at a low stage, and raises to higher levels after some hours eg 4 hours will the refrigerator to keep up with.
NB. If you have come to, starting at too high a step at startup, turn off the fridge and it will be turned off 24 hours before turning on the refrigerator again. Then start at the low stage 🙂
3) The door to the refrigerator is completely closed to, Try to push the door into the bottom of the door
If the above section. 1, Section 2 og point. 3 not cause your refrigerator cools properly, you can check the items below.
4)Check if your refrigerator is installed properly. ie you can check ca. 15-20 mm between refrigerator chimney and back of the exterior wall
5) About your refrigerator misaligned in the cabinet, for are met case your fridge and out of the leveled when the caravan be leveled
6) About refrigerator grate exterior is clean (grid on the grid is not clogged)
7) Using power, so sample at knock it over on gas. The reason may be that are not provided proper power output, if the power input is lower than, for example 230 volt the cooling effect reduced
8) Facing your refrigerator grill facing the awning, and you have the awning erected, it may be there is insufficient replacement of the air inside the awning
Unfortunately, some campers found their fridge in their caravan is not properly installed, and it can occur at any brands caravans. By not properly installed, A refrigerator manufacturer's installation instructions not always been enforced, and it can cause your refrigerator does not cool properly.
NB. If you have problems, the fridge flame being blown out by the gas operation while driving, it can be caused not mounted a flame protector – See how a flame protects looks in the picture below.
Facebook group: Kabe Talk
Kabe Talk is for everyone who has a Kabe Caravan or Motorhome – Is also for those who are considering Kabe, like you might want to follow because you are considering Kabe 🙂 .
The group is not commercial, is intended that we can discuss everything regarding Kabe Caravans & Motorhomes.
Purchase and Sale of Kabe Caravans and Motorhomes and related equipment is allowed.
•Link: Kabe Talk
You can benefit from seeing the following relevant links:
• Link: Refrigerator with Heatstroke