Some caravan owners have very little understanding of, how the refrigerator works out to about one turn the, switching cylinder and drive 230 volt/ 12 It was drift. When madvarene and the beer feels hot and butter is melted, then it's time, to try to save the food and, of course, the beer.
A Absortionskøleskab works quite differently from the refrigerator you have in your house / apartment which is a compressor refrigerator.
A Absortionskøleskab has no compressor which pumps freon through the pipes. Instead happens either heat from an electrical element (12 It was eller 230 volts varmelegemne) or a small flame (Gas burner) which causes a percolating action, circulating ammonia mixture through cooler eagles on the back of the fridge. It is in many ways simpler, and easier to troubleshoot – You could say the cooling method has its own built-in back-up system.
When a caravan refrigerator does not start (not cooling as well as it should), it often means, it is no longer circulate properly through the cooling unit.
The beauty of motor home refrigerators, there are no moving parts are. There are no pumps or compressors to get the fluid out. The cooling effect occurs only upon heating (Gas, 12 It was eller 230 volt) of the liquid (ammonia) – When the ammonia is heated it begins to circulate.
If your refrigerator has a leak, you will instantly could smell ammonia.
When the caravan fridges are not used as often:
Often the problem with caravan fridges, that will not be used often enough.
A caravan refrigerator, are used once or twice a year for a period of 5 or 6 years are much more likely to put out the error with respect to a refrigerator which is in continuous operation.
Your refrigerator works Gas, 12 It was og 230 volt, but cooler not good enough – So try this line manuals:
Does it not seem ?, then go on to the following expanded guide.
Watch this youtube movie:
This youtube film prepared by CaravanInfo.dk
Having problems with your refrigerator, you can try the following:
1) Examine by smelling:
The first, you need to do is to examine with your nose if there is a strong smell of ammonia – If the cooling unit has been leaking, there will be a strong smell of ammonia. The cost of the repair would often not be viable, why a replacement of the refrigerator would be a more practical solution. Caravan dealer can determine, which option would be the cheapest option for you.
You do not smell ammonia, then proceed to the steps below:
2) The refrigerator door closes properly, Try to push the door into the bottom
3) Make sure your caravan is leveled, both sideways and lengthwise. Is your caravan not leveled lose your refrigerator cooling effect.
4) You must now try all operating modes of the refrigerator.
If the caravan the fridge works on gas, but not el – or el, but not gas – These are some things, you can do to narrow down the options.
5) For example, start your refrigerator up to max or near-max, refrigerator will initially deliver extreme ambient behind the fridge, and that may have occurred vapor pockets as result in significantly reduced cooling effect which only disappears when you turn off the fridge, and lets the sound at approximately. 24 hours before turning on the refrigerator again.
However, if you start the refrigerator on a low step, and raise the refrigerator to higher step example 3/4 after a few hours refrigerator will be able to follow. No matter how your refrigerator is booted, You should never turn up to max (max should never be more than 3/4).
6) If you stop at a campsite, and use the fridge at 230 volt, you can not always be sure your refrigerator is equipped with 230 volt.
Is your refrigerator is not 230 volt, the cooling power is reduced by e.g.:
• 220 volt power falls to approximately. 91% (119 watt)
• 210 volt power falls to approximately. 83% (112,7 watt)
• 200 volt power falls to approximately. 75% (94 watt)
Works by gas operation, but not on 230 volt, so try this:
• The first thing you need to do is confirm, that you have 230 volts on the fridge. Check switches and fuses, “important” you have to check the outlet at the back of the fridge, to ensure there is voltage in the socket / connection. Check, that there is also 12 volts on the fridge, because it uses both levels of electricity to work.
You can use a multimeter to measure 230 It was og 12 volt, This tool can be purchased for under kr. 100,-, and can hardly do without, also used for troubleshooting mover.
• If the voltage is present, and all indicator lights seemed to work, the next step, you must check the electrical heating element – Here you can use your multimeter.
You must be careful, because thou hast with hazardous live voltages to do.
Test for voltage, While the element is connected. If you have any voltage on the line to the heating element is most likely the heating element has seized.
You can also do the following:
Connect 230 volts element directly to a 230 volt power source without the thermostat and control. To do this,, you need to find the two white wires coming from 230 volts heater. The heating element is placed in the cylindrical casing tin that is around burner, and is available through the outer grille on the side of the caravan. There should be two elements next to each other, 12 volt element, Note the way the wires are connected – 12 volts member has a conduit connected directly to the element. 230 volts varmelegemehar also connected directly to the wiring element.
Disconnect the two wires on the terminal block, and connect the two wires directly to 230 volts at a place other than in the caravan. You can now measure on your fridge cooler on 230 volt – You must measure as follows: You ask a glass of water in the center of the refrigerator, then put your measuring probe into the water, and measuring the water temperature (See picture), after 24 hours you can read the measurement results, on your refrigerator cools as it should – This method is correct if you would check your refrigerator cools as it should.
The heating element can be controlled with an ohm-meter. Be sure to disconnect 230 volt power cable and 12 volt supply, before working on the device. Find and disconnect the wires, leading to the heating element. With a multi-meter set on the ohm reading, check you the resistance of the heating element –
The electric heating element is located on the back of the refrigerator, and can be seen when you dismantle the exterior ventilation grate on the side of the caravan – under the cover label 6 finder electrical heating element – However, there may be differences in how it looks behind your refrigerator depending on the year of manufacture and model.
Here you see a picture of a 12 volts heater (230 volt heater looks the same way):
• If you have no voltage to the heating element, your problem may lie in a circuit in the fridge. Here you should consider, to contact a qualified caravan dealer.
works by 230 It was drift, but not on Gas drift, so try this:
• You can massage the switch 12v / 230v / Gas (Massaging switch ca. 20-40 times). The reason is that would settle ir at the switch which can be the cause of the refrigerator does not work. You may well turn on your gas refrigerator to the flame goes out, and here above be the cause, where you often think it is flame detector or thermal sensor which is why.
• The first thing to do is and check whether you have a flame of good quality “blue flame with no yellow tip”. If the flame is light, and goes out almost immediately, thermocouple is defective. The thermocouple is the device that shuts off the gasssen if no flame is, and opening (kept open) when there is flame and heat element. The thermocouple is attached to the main gas valve to the rear of the refrigerator, and has a tube, extending to the vicinity of the gas burner. In most cases, this can be replaced by one with technical skills.
• If the gas flame remains lit, you must now check the quality of the gas flame. Often there is rust and dirt in the gas burner which has fallen into the gas burner gas burner from tailpipes – Rust and dirt interfere with the gas burner system so there is no combustion properly or not at any internal combustion. To resolve this fairly simple – See below Youtube movie that we have found on the internet:
Troubleshooting regarding. “gas refrigerator”:
1) Massaging switch 12v / 230v / Gas ca. 20-40 times due ir may be the cause.
2) The burner is dirty, such that the flame is too small, and the thermocouple is not correct hot.
3) The temperature sensor is not properly positioned with the tip of the blue flame, whereby the thermocouple is not really hot.
4) The gas nozzle is clogged, defective or worn.
5) Cable connections are iret or loose.
6) Fasteners of land lines, check it is clean and fast.
7) Gas valve in the gas box is in the open position, and gas valve in the caravan is in the open position
8) The He gas i gasflasken
Does the above not, and you have gas flame but the fridge does not cool as it should, could it be 2 thing: Either sitting there anything that makes the heat from the burner to pass the pipe where the coolant flows, or your thermostat does not close up the gas when kølebsabet is too hot, so that only the pilot, that burns.
NB. It is often small deltajler makes your refrigerator is not working properly, by controlling the above, you can locate the error yourself, or give the technician a more focused description of the problem.
Do you manage your gas refrigerator – See this article on the gas nozzle and gas burner which can cause uncontrolled flame cf.. image: See more via this link
Here you will find more suggestions vedrøende improve the cooling effect:
Watch this youtube movie regarding a Danish caravanners who has made improving the cooling effect on his refrigerator :
Big thanks to Lars Plovmann who prepared this youtube movies.
Watch this youtube movie regarding a German camper who has made improving the cooling effect on his refrigerator :
The following article has been prepared by a camper who have made repairing his refrigerator:
It's a fairly common phenomenon, The refrigerators in the caravan tend to give up – especially if it's a few years old.
A new refrigerator costs here 2009 Near kr. 7.000,- exclusive. VAT and fitting, So what do you do to get the old cabinet to work and what does it?
The following are described in the light of experience in an older LMC caravan, but differs probably not very different from other brands.
1.) You can initially be lucky, the burner is sooty or there are flakes of husked color in chimney. Remove the grate outside and blowing with compressed air from a compressor or vacuum cleaner *). It may be necessary to remove the top tube of the chimney, d.v.s. the piece, that goes from the cabinet chimney to vent grate. Blow then through the chimney, the air stream will remove most of the loose material. Then connect the chimney again and try out the closet. If you do not see the blue flame in the refrigerator peephole, so you have to wait to see if the vent grille gets hot. If it does, so does the closet.
2.) If during 1.) shall not lead to a good result, then it becomes necessary to remove the refrigerator from the caravan. This can be a tricky affair, for there is little space. Before starting the regulator to the gas cylinder removed, all power must be decoupled, also possible. battery. You must release the gas line on top of the closet. To be used 2 wrenches and more hands. Then disassembled electrical wiring. Could these not be removed, are too short and the cabinet still stuck, then the wires are cut.
3.) Have removed the closet, then repeat the process as described under 1.) The difference is, you can now get easier to see the chimney inner tube, and burner. Now that the fridge is removed, it may look like my, d.v.s. rust on different parts.
Test whether there will be sparks from the ignition magnet. Check if the wires are intact, If it does not work.
Remove dirt from the refrigerator compartment, times evt. raw wood with tung.
4.) We remove rust with a wire brush as well as possible. D.v.s. that also the rust on the original paint to be removed, with a scalpel, etc.. you can remove the paint on any. rust bubbles.
5.) When loose rust is removed painted with hammerlak (Hammerite), which is available in white, sort, gray or silver color. I used the black. Hammerite has the advantage, that it is available in very small amounts, can be applied directly to less rusting, respectively. remaining fine rust.
6.) Now you are ready to put the refrigerator back into place. It's a hassle and it must absolutely be advised, that is, two (strong) people if. The site is narrow and it may well be, that almost be used violence to get it into.
7.) Now connect the gas line, make sure the nuts screwed on tight, test with soft soap about bushings these are tight. Can not they get it, then you must consult your authorized specialist.
8.) Connect all electrical wires again. If they have been too short, it's a good idea to extend them using connectors. It makes connecting easier.
9.) An old refrigerator may have been a little disgusting to look at the inside. It should of course also freshening up. Rust from the grate are removed as good as possible. Wash the well with (outdoors) Rodalon, then wipe with alcohol. Discolored parts or the entire cabinet can be painted with special color. Ask your paint store. I have used Bengalak from Colorama, it gives a clear white color, matching the refrigerator, so as to possibly. can paint partially.
10) When you have the grill open you should perhaps consider another thing: efficiency of the cooling capacity. It is often the case, that refrigerators should not lose heat, both when running on electricity or gas. I never use the battery for operation of the refrigerator, so the on / off button on the front of the fridge was connected to a small fan from a scrapped PC (12V). The fan I installed on the back of venting list and voila, the temperature came down from the usual 13 gr. to 7 gr.C. The fan can now be connected to the battery , respectively. 12 V system and can then be used continuously or renewable. The power consumption can hardly be measured and the fan can therefore hardly empty your car battery, if you forget to turn it off.
PS: You may well disconnect liquefied gas installations wires and connect them again, but all other installation of gas pipelines and 220 V electrical wiring in addition to said must be carried out by authorized firms.
Additional information from the reader:
I have successfully got my camping fridge to work again, so I thought that there were others who might need council.
My problem was that the fridge could well turn on the gas, but went out as soon as I got off button. The refrigerator was pulled out of the hole and I discovered that the sensor to the solenoid valve was pushed too far away from the burner. The sensor I pushed so little closer and mounted fridge again.
Now it works perfectly again. There was at the same wind in the air.
The above article was prepared by Hans dew.
If relevant links:
• Link: Absortionskøleskabe
• Link: Refrigerator with Heatstroke
Join the facebook group “Caravans and Movers with Error”. There are already many good useful information in the group – Participate via the link or click on the picture: Caravans and Movers with Error
The group deals with caravans and Movers with Error – There are already a lot of good information in the group.
NB. Remember to participate in the vote, You can also write your possible. comments / experiences at the bottom.
See more via this link – Polls total