Many campers have problems with their car is soft in the rear or run unstable when towing a caravan.
There are several options for addressing the problem, however, MAD springs (Progressive steel springs in addition to the original suspension) is just the cheapest and easiest option.
MAD Springs is a small auxiliary springs mounted on the inside of the 2 Rear existing springs. The car settings is typically raised about. 15-20 mm when there is the load in the rear or driving with caravan.
Benefits of MAD help Springs:
• Provides car does not sink into the rear
• Keeps the car more stable for sideways- and vertical movements
• Contributes to the car's front wheels get more grip
• Protects your shock absorber when driving with cargo in the trunk or on the towbar
• Tailor-made for each car model
• Manufactured and tested in accordance. TÜV and ISO standards
Many campers have achieved good results by mounting MAD Springs, and several campers who have had MAD springs mounted choose, to get them mounted upon delivery of the new car.
As it is apparent from “Guidance on the inspection of vehicles” bottom side 719, requires additional springs always view, approval and registration in DMR. (See also the conditions of authorization page 720.).
How much is MAD auxiliary springs, and where to buy MAD Springs:
The price for a set MAD Fejdre costs about. kr. 1.000- 1.300 Incl. moms excl. mounting.
For example, ordering a new Skoda Octavia costs kr. 2.200 before delivery, and fitting in 2016 prices.
If you would mount MAD springs can contact an auto repair shop, and ask if they can provide some MAD Springs for your car.
Want to buy abroad, Here are some links:
Here you see a MAD springs mounted:
Join Facebook Group “Campingtrækker”:
• Link: Facebook Group on camping draws
• Link: Slinger in caravan
• Link: Offbeat caravan axle
• Link: Maintaining tow hitch
• Link: Maintenance of caravan