Installation of the Truma Mover XT has never been easier, and the weight has gone down and there have been significant improvements and a different design – For example,. compares with Truma SER / SE.
We chose Truma XT to our Kabe because it has many good features including:
– Kulfri motors
– low weight
– low power consumption
– Is super strong up to 2.300 kg caravans
– easy installation
– Minimal space requirements
– Provides good ground clearance
– Driving speed
– Is there room for our Truma XT installed behind the wheels
– Our spare wheel which is suspended under the caravan can be left
We have not chosen a Mover from price, but alone the quality and the good details 🙂 .
|Mover XT can handle inclines of up to approximately. 25 % at a total weight of 1.200 kg and 13 % at a total weight of 2.300 kg on a suitable substrate.|
|Recommended battery capacity: Min Rundcelleteknolog. 38 Ah, Gel / AGM. 48 Ah, Lead acid batteries (liquid electrolyte) min. 75 Ah - "Starter batteries are unsuitable"|
|Weight 28 Kg (without battery)|
|Average power consumption ca. 28 A maximum 150 A load current < 80 mA (isat stik / adapter) < 150 µA (ikke isat stik / adapter)|
|Radio frequency range 2, 868 MHz|
|Speed ca. 17 cm per second (depending on the weight and increase)|
|Weight approx. 28 kg|
|Ensuring positive cable 150 A|
The following objectives must meet the requirements from Truma
We checked objectives and could note all targets can be observed, In addition, our reserhjuls keeps the caravan remain.
The ground clearance was also checked and found ok – So our caravan after living Truma's requirements for installation on ranged requirements.
Before installing, please read through the user manual
NB. Remember the tires on the caravan must be pumped up to the max, we have 4,5 bar in our deck, Thus, the distance between the tire and the roller correctly mover.
Mounting the safety tinned:
Hole in the caravan floor:
We have chosen and make existing hole where current power cables coming into the caravan more to mover cables.
NB. Be aware of the bolts are applied thread locking which only works when the bolts are screwed in again, so nothing with and loosen again. The phrase becomes the bolts again be applied to the security thread prior to voltage. Thread locking can be purchased in a small bottle for about. kr. 100,- i 2019.
Now both mover engines and the connecting rod loosely mounted (Not clamped), bolts are tightened so mover can be adjusted sideways, and distance to the deck prior to the correct voltage. Now the following is performed in order of:
1) Adjusts the distance between the mover motor A and tires – Use enclosed metal spacer piece 20 mm.
2) Place the motor mover A correct sideways, and place the spacer piece 20 mm between tire and mover roll (Distance piece to be able to be seated while tightening the bolts, and the wheels must load = tires must be in terrain while tightening the spacer piece between the tire and the mover rolls ). see also. • Link this: Jursterer the distance between the rolls against mover tires.
3) Check that the bracket is properly seated on the chassis, and tighten the two bolts on the mover A motor with a torque wrench. The two bolts on the bracket must be tightened to 25 Nm
4) Doing the same with Mover motor B
5) We marked the middle of the connecting rod before mounting – The connecting rod is now placed in between the two Mover engines
6) Tighten the two small bolts for connecting the rod, when it is placed in the middle – Bolts for connecting the rod tensioned with 15 Nm (a bolt to each motor).
7) The supplied plastic tube divided CE. in the middle, and cables through plastic pipes (See the picture below), draft tube protects the cables from the motor mover from damage when the motor mover moves by being pressed by the rollers against the tires.
When you have led cables through the plastic tube, you are ready and pull the cables from Mover engines hole in the caravan floor. The cables are attached at the bottom with the screws and cable retainer. Cables are fed up through the hole in the bottom caravan, and closed with a butyl sealant. The advantage of the butyl sealant instead of the silicone, are silicone glues together the cables and butyl and may be reused without gluing everything together.
8) Cables towed through the hole in the bottom, and secured under the bunden.Føres up through the hole in the bottom.
9) Hole in the bottom is closed with butyl sealants, butyl sealants glues but not sealing – Silicone glue and is hard and get removed again.
10) Mover control box is placed inside the magazine completely 40 cm from the battery, and screw.
11) Cables from both mover motors and safety can be connected to the control box
12) Included + and – cable fastened in the control box and then on the battery.
OBS. Cables by the motor mover can not be tightened too hard, there must be wired to the mover can move on to- and disconnection.
We installed new Optima Yellow Top YTS 5.5. 75 Ah while our mover, Optima Yellow Top battery recommended by the Truma. You can using the Truma XT settle for a smaller battery cf.. Truma, but we would like to have a little extra for consumption in the caravan. See more via this link: Optima Yellow Battery for Truma XT in Kabe caravan.
We also replaced our battery charger for new nice quality battery charger, an expensive good battery should also have a good battery charger for, To ensure optimum charging and long battery life: See more via this link: New battery charger for Optima Yellow Top battery in Kabe
Truma XT mover has become much easier and mounts, due to their new bracket – For example, compared with Truma SER / SE. In addition, requires Truma XT mover less space when mounted on the caravan chassis, as the clear height is optimal.
The control unit is enjoy design, and seems solid, and it's easy and fasten cables, like user manual is easy and understandable.
The remote fits comfortably in your hand, and works well. The only minus that I miss, is not made opportunity, that had the remote in a strap.
Using thinking I initially: I miss my Truma SER, but just like anything new requires habituation. It is more silent when connecting rolls, but there is more sound when run with mover.
In addition, I thought it rotates slower than Truma SER.
Our Truma XT mover is mounted on a Kabe with 1.600 kg. Total weight, and Truma XT mover must pull up to 2.300 kg – There should therefore be plenty of engine power – It said no way overworked 🙂 .
Only minus is, to Truma XT can rust on some parts (Not plastic parts 🙂 ), but we have done nothing about – We have treated it with transparent rust treatment, Thus, one can not see the processed other than that it is slightly matte surfaces in.
The price is on the high side, but the feeling one has done a good buy is still 🙂 .
• Link: Overview regarding Caravan Movers.
• Link: Optima Yellow Top battery for caravans and Movers.
• Link: Caravan Mover uden kul i engine.
• Link: Stylish alloy wheels for caravans.
• Link: Victron Blue Smart Battery Charger.
• Link: Victron Battery monitor BMV-712 Smart (Get more out of your battery).
• Link: Jursterer the distance between the rolls against mover tires.
• Link: Mover battery low weight.
• Link: Adhering 12 volt battery in caravan
• Link: 12 volt wires / fuses.